Online Account Access Security
The Online Account Access areas allow different investors to securely access information and perform transactions online. In addition to using some of the most advanced technology available, the Wells Fargo Advantage Funds®
Web site employs numerous techniques to ensure the security of your account information.
- Registering for any Account Access area is necessary prior to use. It is not automatically added to your account. You must first complete the online registration form. When you register online or with your account executive, you will create a unique password to use when accessing your account. It is important to safeguard this password at all times.
- We will protect your account information by placing it on a secure area of our web site. We protect the integrity and privacy of your account information with some of the most advanced technologies available. Our systems use 256-bit Internet data encryption technology, an advanced security protocol known as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, personalized passwords, and other precautions. To help protect the security of your accounts, do not share your password with anyone.
- We restrict access to your non-public personal information to our employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you and others for purposes needed to support our web site services to you. Furthermore, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your non-public personal information from unauthorized third party use.
- For your security, Online Account Access areas will limit each session to 15 minutes. After 15 minutes you will automatically be logged out. You will need to log in with a valid login ID and password in order to regain access to your account.
- In order to take full advantage of the secure account access areas on the Wells Fargo Advantage Funds Web sites, your browser is required to support 128-bit encryption. This level of encryption is the highest available at this time.